For most of us a new year means a new challenge. Dry January, Veganuary or some type of new health kick. These seem to be some of the most popular ones. Instead of partying the weekend away (because some of us definitely did enough of that over Christmas) we tend to opt for a healthier option, because new year, new you right?
So, if you’re opting for a little less partying, or thinking of making some changes to your diet, what can you spend your free ‘party’ time doing ?
Just because the sun is in more than it is out, doesn’t mean you can’t be out! Getting outdoors in the winter months isn’t just refreshing, it’s healthy too, here’s why!
Good source of vitamin D! If you come across a clear winters day with the sun shining, stop what you’re doing and make the most of it! Vitamin D is good for keeping the bones strong! Not only that, it can be a a real mood booster! And for the best bit, its absolutely free – exactly what you want post Christmas!
In January instead of going out for dinner why not organise a dinner party. Get a group of friends together, decide which one of you is going to host and each cook something to bring to the party! That way you’re socialising, spending less money, and you know exactly what is in your food!
For those of you who are vegan and all the January vegans out there, why not take a look at the recipes posted on BBC Food!
We’ve picked some of our favourites, check out the website for more.
Or there’s something for everybody on Jamies website!
Check out that chicken!
Introduce a new hobby
Hobbies are great for a number of things!
- Relieve stress and boost
- Meet new friends and build more connections
- Find a new passion
- Develop new skills
- Possibility of bringing in additional income.
Have a browse on trip advisor to see local events and activities!
Spend your weekend preparing for the week ahead!
Here’s 5 top tips to get you started!
- Make a list of everything you need to do and check off the tasks as you do them.
- Use a calendar, a digital one with alerts & notifications can be a great tool to keep you on track.
- Tidy up – a clear room is a clear mind. Spend a few minutes at the weekend tidying to keep on top of it.
- Plan your meals in advance – helping save time during the week.
- Create a morning and bedtime routine – one in which you plan and review each day.
We hope January is treating you well so far and you’re managing to keep up with everything you’ve set out to do!