It’s pretty self explanatory. Show yourself some love.
So, if it’s so simple why does it often get pushed to the back burner of our minds?
Maybe because it’s not important, maybe we’re too busy, maybe everybody or everything else comes first, etc, etc. But it doesn’t take much to show ourselves a little love each day. Even the tiniest steps can make the biggest differences. We just need to be aware.
Give it a go with these simple self love steps we’ve put together!
- Recognise that you are an individual in this world. No two people are the same. Each of us are unique in our own beautiful way and that’s what makes us, us! So be proud of that!
Top Tip:- Take a moment to digest that each and every day!
If you practice yoga, you could build a self love mantra into Shavasana.
Check out 10 Powerful Self Loving Mantras, use these or create your own based on what’s important to you!
- We can only ever do our best, and if we truthfully put 100% effort into everything we do, we can’t possibly give anything more or anything less. We do exactly what we are capable of doing in that given moment. So, getting annoyed because you hit a wall, or didn’t quite overcome an obstacle in the way you’d have liked is pretty useless. Instead of beating yourself up about it, embrace it. Embrace the journey you are on and any mistake you make and know that you are learning at each and every moment given to you.
Top Tip:- Try changing your perspective on obstacles. Instead of being an obstacle, maybe they’re a stepping stone to get you to where you want to be.
- Everyone has a different view on what’s important in life and focuses all their energy into those things. There’s certainly a few things we often experience through our lifetime and it may be the fact there’s so much to do, so many people to care for, and many things we need to take into consideration within our busy lives. More often than not, we forget to stop and realise our own significance in the universe. In the midst of caring for everybody else, we forget to care for ourselves! Self-care is important so don’t put it off, or wait until you can fit it into your schedule.
Top Tip:- instead apply it each and every day. For each day – write down something in the form of self care that you’ll do for you! To make sure you take care of you!
- Remember, everybody has their imperfections and nobody is perfect. There are strengths and areas to grow in all of us, so don’t sell yourself short and try not to make comparisons because by doing so this can make us feel low about our worth.
Top Tip:- Start celebrating your strengths and begin to see your ‘weaknesses’ as opportunities to grow!
- Sometimes, the person that gives us the hardest time is in fact ourselves. We’re hard on ourselves, and we get away with it too! So it becomes a constant cycle of negativity. We’ve all heard the term ‘treat people the way you wish to be treated’ So put this into practice and treat yourself how you’d expect others to treat you. Sometimes the things we say to ourselves are the most awful, demeaning things anyone could ever say. Instead of drilling into yourself how rubbish you are, reframe—and use language that builds you up and creates those positive feelings!
Top Tip:- Practice being kind to yourself like you would to others, and talk to yourself in a loving way
If you’d like a little more guidence then you’re in luck, because we’ve got an afternoon dedicated to self love at The Studio! Indulge yourself in an afternoon of all things you. Take the time to appreciate and indulge your mind body and soul with a feel good few hours just for you! Leave The Studio feeling empowered, rejuvenated and LOVED!